Best medical malpractice lawyers in Texas
At any given time, a health care professional or institution is responsible for the injury or death of a person during any part of the entire medical treatment process, which may constitute a malpractice suit. To avoid these situations, you may want to find some medical malpractice lawyers who can help you.
American Medical Association states that more than 34% of doctors have been sued. If you and your family member are victims of medical carelessness, you should have a complete understanding of laws in malpractice cases.
Where to find good medical malpractice lawyers in Texas
Now you need to start a list of the best medical malpractice lawyers in your area. There are many common ways to find the names and numbers of this type of lawyer.
- Most local bar associations have several search/referral tools to help you find a lawyer in a particular specialty. Note that once the association cannot give you specific recommendations, they provide a list of practicing lawyers in your area.
- Talk to your insurance company. Your health insurance company can offer some tips on malpractice lawyers in your state.
- Talk to another doctor. If your primary doctor is not involved in the case in any way, then he can get to know the reputed medical malpractice lawyers in your area.
- Ask your family and friends. Your network is always a valuable source to find a good lawyer. If you find some names, be sure that you evaluate that lawyer yourself. Never take anyone’s word for anything on this important thing.
- Ask lawyers in other specialties. Almost every successful lawyer will find good lawyers in other things.
- Enjuris Personal Injury Lawyers Directory. Check our legal directory to find a qualified medical malpractice lawyer near you. It is your responsibility to contact that lawyer and decide if that professional is suitable for your case.
Where to start when you are looking for the best medical malpractice lawyers in Texas
Medical malpractice law is a very specialized field requiring a lawyer with much experience. This is because there is much overlap between complex medical and legal matters. There are also unique procedural cases that come up in medical malpractice cases.
Most lawyers in medical malpractice law practice one of two types
- Defending doctors from medical malpractice suits.
- Representing patients who have been injured.
If you have been hurt due to a medical error, you will have to appoint a plaintiff’s lawyer. But be aware that experienced medical malpractice lawyers often reject cases, so you may have to ask several times to get your chance.
The good news is that initial consultations are free, and many will arrange a no-win, no-charge case in your case. Learn more about attorneys’ fees.
As you start looking for lawyers, consider these tips
- Take a closer look at the biographical background of the lawyers. Are they experts in medical malpractice law? Do they have medical experience?
Some doctors spend time in the medical world before obtaining their license to practice law. Does their website contain information about their education specific to medical malpractice? Have they studied successful medical malpractice cases?
- See if the lawyer is a member of personal injury trials lawyer associations, such as the National Trial Lawyers or the Association of State Trial Lawyers in your state. You can also check the American Bar Association for local bar associations in your area.
- Check for online reviews of the medical malpractice lawyers you are considering.
Top 5 best medical malpractice lawyers in Texas
Hastings, one of the best medical lawyers in Houston, is also a member of Million Dollar Advocates and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, a highly prestigious group of trial lawyers whose membership is based on lawyers who have won multi-million dollar decisions and settlements.
Catherine Christian Law in Corpus Christi, Texas is an accomplished personal injury lawyer with many decades of experience who began her legal practice in 1981. She was shortlisted for Super Lawyers in 2003 and has been a prominent lawyer at Landmark until 2019.
Establishing his practice in 1985, Joe headed his law firm in the city of Houston. He specializes in injury and accident law. His approach is personal to give his undivided attention and time to each case. No complaint has ever been filed against him, and he can form a personal relationship with his customers.
With over 30 years of experience under his belt, Libbey has helped many Texans and their families who have suffered severe or permanent injuries due to malpractice. He has been certified in personal injury trial law since 1987 by the Texas Board of Legal Expertise.
A personal injury lawyer from Austin, Texas, Lopez founded his law firm in 2015. In 2013, he was a member of the top 100 of the prestigious National Trial Lawyers. In the same year, he also became a member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates.
Working from El Paso, Texas, and being fluent in Spanish allows him to build and communicate with the Spanish-speaking community and strong relationships. He works extensively to represent the families of victims of wrongful death or serious bodily injuries.
Do not give up your rights
You have the right to have medical care during your lifetime. Medical malpractice has ruined the lives of thousands of people and their families. With exceptional lawyer representation specializing in these types of suits, they can help bring some form of normality back into your life